Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Sharky

This is my shark. The object I used is a pencil sharpener, and then I made a shark around it, and had the mouth open to the sharpener. It's quite clever, I think. So i started by covering the pencil sharpener in a tinfoil base, this was rough. It was really difficult to shape it the way I wanted and I had never used tinfoil before so I was confused. Then I did the paper mache which was gross and smelled awful. That took a lot of layers and a long time to dry. Thennnn I started by painting it white, then grayish white, then I added the black wet paint. Then I did the teeth (they sucked), I shaped them, fired, glazed, hot glued- I'm tired just listing out everything I had to do. Then I made eyes out of clay, glazed those, and finally painted the mouth. I was looking around the classroom for inspiration and I thought, pencil, pencil sharpener, shark eating the pencil hahahahahaha. Pictures will come later the table is super messy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment